- Learn to love yourself first, but not in a conceited manner.
- Love everything about you.
- It’s often difficult to get others to like you, when you despise your own character.
- Try to communicate more with people you see in your vicinity. It will help you open up more and build up your confidence
- After opening up with others, you will feel much better about yourself and others will see you as a natural person.
Steps you can follow to learn to be yourself:
1. Accept who you are – If you learn to accept who you are, you will be the most content and happy person. You may not be a beautiful, charming or intelligent person. But you are what it makes “YOU”. At the end of the day, what matters is what you think of yourself. If you are okay with yourself and you have given your best to everything, then there is nothing to worry.
2. Find yourself – You cannot be yourself if you don’t know, understand and accept yourself first. Find time to dwell on what you value most and makes up the essence of who you are. Try to think what kinds of things you like or dislike. Spend some time with yourself and your passion’s in life.
3. Build your self-confidence – Once you accept yourself and find yourself. It will be easier to build your confidence. When we know what you want from yourselves and what is it you desire, all your senses will work towards its achievement leading to confidence in yourself. Always be aware of what you are good at and strive to improve.
4. Stop caring how people perceive you – If you respect yourself, people around you will also reciprocate in the same way. Most of us, get drained thinking about what other think of us or perceive us. All those who matter the most will care for you irrespective of changes. Bring in all positivism and don’t let external factors affect you. What you can achieve by your confidence and belief, other may find difficult to try. In other words, be strong in your character and others can never pin you down.
5. Work on your sensitive nature – If you perceive yourself as being overly sensitive to criticism, then make an attempt to change your reactions to comments and events. This is achievable by simply reminding you that this is an opinion of another imperfect human being.
Oscar Wide once said: ‘Be Yourself, Everyone else is already taken’. As humorous as it may seem, it’s a basic summation of the truth. Everyone is unique in their own way. We just need to look for the things which makes us complete, content and happy.
There may be lots of hurdles in life, people will come and go. Do not to change for anyone. Focus on learning from your mistakes and laugh at your imperfections. Keep a very positive attitude for everything around and distance yourself from negativity. Glorify the sunset or lose yourself in beautiful thoughts. This will keep you strong and sturdy in all phases of your life.
One of the biggest lessons you can get from life is to “LET GO” of things you can’t control. The next time you are tempted to rant about a situation, think wisely before reacting. Is it worth all that frustration and enrage?
Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might, be as unattractive as you’re, and as accomplished as you think you are. Yes, let someone love you despite all this, and let that someone be “YOU”.
You were born to be real, not to be perfect. You are here to be YOU, not what somebody wants you to be. Stand up for yourself, look them in their eyes, and say “don’t judge until you know me, don’t underestimate me until you challenge me and don’t talk about me until you have talked to me”
Strength shows the ability to hold on and believing in oneself. It’s never too late to become what you might have been. Keep learning, exploring, adapting and growing. You might not be there yet but you are closer than yesterday.